In this post, we will tell you 19+ kid-friendly things to do in Cancun with kids. However, Cancun is a popular vacation destination for families, offering various activities and attractions for visitors of all ages.
From its pristine beaches and crystal-clear waters to its ancient Mayan ruins and theme parks, there is no shortage of things to do in Cancun with kids. Whether you’re looking for a fun day at the beach or an educational experience exploring the region’s history and culture, Cancun has something to offer for every family.
In this post, we’ll explore 19+ things to do in Cancun with kids, providing you with many options to make your family vacation unforgettable. So, get ready to pack your bags and start planning your next adventure in Cancun!
19+ Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Cancun With Kids In 2023
Here in this section, we will tell you more than 19 things to do in Cancun with kids. On the other hand, to make things easier for you we manage to distinguish each activity based on different categories. So, it is easier for you to decide which activity to choose.
5 Beach Activities That You Can Do With Your Kids In Cancun
One of Cancun’s most popular beach activities is swimming in the crystal-clear waters. However, it’s important to keep in mind that the ocean can be unpredictable, and strong currents can be dangerous, especially for children. Always supervise children when they’re in the water, and make sure they stay in designated swimming areas. Additionally, be aware of any warning flags or signs posted at the beach.
2. Building Sandcastles
Building sandcastles is a classic beach activity that children love. However, it’s important to be aware of the sun’s harmful rays and to protect children’s skin with sunscreen and hats. Additionally, be mindful of the sand’s temperature, as it can get hot enough to burn feet and hands, especially during midday when the sun is at its peak.
3. Playing Beach Games
Beach games like frisbee, beach volleyball, and soccer are great ways to keep kids active and entertained. However, it’s important to play in designated areas and away from other beachgoers to avoid accidents. Be sure to supervise younger children and avoid throwing objects near the water, as strong winds can quickly carry them away.
Snorkeling in Cancun is an exciting way to explore the colorful marine life and coral reefs. However, it’s important to wear proper snorkeling gear and stay within designated areas. Never touch or disturb marine life, as it can harm animals and the ecosystem. Additionally, be aware of any potential hazards in the water, such as rocks or sharp coral.
Finally, one of the best things to do at Cancun beach is simply relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery. However, it’s essential to stay hydrated and protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays with sunscreen and hats. Additionally, be aware of the weather conditions, such as high winds or thunderstorms, and seek shelter if necessary.
5 Theme Parks Activity That You Can Do With Your Kids In Cancun
Here are 5 theme parks things to do in Cancun with kids, along with precautions to keep in mind for each activity:
1. Xcaret Park
- Explore underground rivers: Xcaret Park features a network of underground rivers visitors can explore by swimming, snorkeling, or floating on a raft.
- Precautions: Be sure to wear appropriate swimwear and footwear. An adult should supervise children at all times, and those who are not confident swimmers should wear life jackets. The water can be cold, so bring a towel and a change of clothes.
- Visit the Coral Reef Aquarium: The Coral Reef Aquarium at Xcaret Park is home to over 5,000 marine creatures, including sharks, rays, and sea turtles.
- Precautions: Follow the rules and regulations of the aquarium, and avoid touching or disturbing the animals. Children should always be under adult supervision.
2. Xel-Ha Park
- Snorkel in a natural inlet: Xel-Ha Park has a natural inlet perfect for snorkeling, with colorful fish and coral reefs to discover.
- Precautions: Wear a life jacket if needed, and follow the park’s rules and regulations for snorkeling.
- Explore the mangrove forest: Xel-Ha Park features a unique ecosystem of mangrove forests that visitors can explore by boat or kayak.
- Precautions: Wear appropriate footwear and clothing, and follow the rules and regulations of the park.
3. Ventura Park
- Ride the roller coasters: Ventura Park has several thrilling roller coasters and rides for kids and adults.
- Precautions:Follow the height and weight requirements for each ride, and secure any loose items before riding.
- Play in the water park: Ventura Park has a water park with water slides, splash pads, and a lazy river.
- Precautions: Wear appropriate swimwear and footwear, and follow the park’s rules and regulations for water park activities.
4. Wet’n Wild Park
- Ride the water slides: Wet’n Wild Park has a variety of water slides and pools for all ages.
- Precautions: Follow each ride’s height and weight requirements, and secure all loose items before riding.
- Relax in the wave pool: Wet’n Wild Park has a giant wave pool that creates waves up to six feet high.
- Precautions: Wear suitable swimwear and footwear, and respect the park’s wave pool laws and regulations.
5. Selvatica Adventure Park
- Zip-line through the jungle: Selvatica Adventure Park offers zip-lining through the jungle canopy for an adrenaline-packed experience.
- Precautions: Follow the park’s rules and regulations for zip-lining, and wear appropriate clothing and footwear.
- Ride an ATV: Selvatica Adventure Park offers ATV tours through the jungle for an exciting off-road adventure.
- Precautions: Follow the park’s rules and regulations for ATV tours, and wear appropriate clothing and footwear. Children should always be under adult supervision.
5 Wildlife Encounters With Your Kids In Cancun
Here are 5 wildlife encounters to do in Cancun with kids, along with details and precautions for each activity:
1. Swimming with Dolphins
Swimming with dolphins is a popular activity in Cancun, providing a unique opportunity to interact with these intelligent and playful creatures.
Several dolphin encounter programs are available, ranging from swimming and touching the dolphins to more immersive experiences such as dorsal rides and foot pushes.
Precautions include respecting the dolphins and their personal space, following the trainers’ instructions, and avoiding touching or harassing the animals.
2. Visiting the Akumal Monkey Sanctuary:
The Akumal Monkey Sanctuary is a rescue and rehabilitation center that provides a home for rescued animals, including monkeys, birds, and reptiles. Visitors can participate in guided tours and interact with the animals in a safe and controlled environment, such as holding baby monkeys and feeding parrots.
Precautions include following the rules and regulations posted throughout the park, respecting the animals and their habitats, and avoiding feeding or touching them without permission. Additionally, visitors should be aware that the monkeys may be mischievous and try to steal food or belongings, so it’s important to keep a close eye on personal belongings.
3. Snorkeling with Sea Turtle
Cancun is home to several sea turtle nesting areas, and visitors can go snorkeling to see these gentle creatures up close in their natural habitat.
Precautions include using eco-friendly sunscreen to protect the coral reefs and sea turtles, respecting the turtles and their personal space, and avoiding touching or harassing the animals.
4. Visiting the Crococun Zoo
The Crococun Zoo is a wildlife sanctuary specializing in crocodiles, other reptiles, monkeys, deer, and other animals. Visitors can participate in guided tours and interactive activities such as holding baby crocodiles and feeding spider monkeys.
Precautions include following the rules and regulations posted throughout the park, respecting the animals and their habitats, and avoiding feeding or touching them without permission.
5. Swimming with Whale Sharks
Swimming with whale sharks is a unique and exhilarating experience in Cancun from May to September. Visitors can snorkel alongside these gentle giants, reaching up to 40 feet long.
Precautions include respecting the whale sharks and their personal space, avoiding touching or harassing the animals, and following the instructions of the tour guides.
Overall, it’s important to remember that these wildlife encounters should always prioritize the safety and well-being of the animals. Visitors should follow all rules and regulations posted throughout the parks, respect the animals and their habitats, and avoid feeding or touching them without permission.
By doing so, families can enjoy a fun and educational experience while promoting local wildlife conservation and protection.
5 Water Sports Things To Do In Cancun With Kids
Here are five water sports activities to do in Cancun with kids, along with a description and precautions to keep in mind:
Paddleboarding is a fun activity for families in Cancun’s calm, clear waters. Learning is a relatively easy sport, and kids can ride on the same board as adults.
Wearing a life jacket and staying within designated areas away from boats is essential to ensure safety.
2. Jet Skiing
Jet skiing is an exciting water sport many kids will love. However, it’s important to remember that improperly used jet skis can be dangerous.
Parents should supervise their children and make sure that they wear a life jacket, follow speed limits, and stay within designated areas. Some jet ski rental companies may require a minimum age or a boating license.
Parasailing is an exciting way to get a bird’s eye view of Cancun’s beaches and turquoise waters. Most parasailing tours in Cancun are designed for all ages.
Still, it’s essential to make sure that the equipment is in good condition, the guide is professional and experienced, and everyone wears a life jacket. Parents should also make sure that their child is comfortable with heights before trying this activity.
Kayaking is a great water sport for families looking for a more relaxed activity. Cancun’s calm waters make learning easy for kids, and many tours provide two-person kayaks for parents and children to ride together.
It’s important to wear a life jacket and stay within designated areas to ensure safety. Parents should also watch younger children to ensure they don’t fall overboard.
5. Scuba Diving
For older kids comfortable with swimming and underwater exploration, scuba diving can be an unforgettable experience in Cancun. There are many dive shops and tours that cater to families and provide professional instructors and equipment.
However, it’s important to check the minimum age requirements and ensure all participants are healthy. It’s also important to follow all safety procedures, including equalizing ear pressure and not exceeding depth limits.
Overall, water sports can be a fun and exciting way to explore Cancun’s beautiful beaches and clear waters with kids. However, it’s important to prioritize safety and follow all precautions to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience.
Cancun is a perfect vacation destination for families with kids, offering various activities and attractions to entertain everyone. In this post, we have highlighted 19+ kid-friendly things to do in Cancun with kids in 2023, including 5 beach activities, 5 theme parks activities, 5 wildlife encounters, and 5 water sports activities.
On the beaches of Cancun, families can enjoy swimming, building sandcastles, playing beach volleyball, going for a walk, and watching the sunset. Additionally, theme parks like Xcaret, Xel-Ha, and Ventura Park provide adventure, education, and entertainment opportunities with their water slides, zip lines, aquariums, and cultural shows.
For families looking to get up close and personal with wildlife, Cancun offers encounters with dolphins, sea turtles, crocodiles, monkeys, and exotic birds. Finally, for those looking to enjoy the crystal-clear waters of Cancun, water sports activities such as paddleboarding, jet skiing, parasailing and scuba diving can provide hours of fun for the whole family.
With so many kid-friendly things to do in Cancun, families will surely have an unforgettable vacation filled with fun, learning, and adventure.